Donating a Gown to Angel Babies FAQ
For more information, PLEASE read below!!
Steps to donate my gown?
- We are only able to accept wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses and other formal gowns that are clean and made from bridal satin, silk, or other heavier weight material.
- Take your dress out of storage. If your dress was not preserved, please clean it before donating. Must remove it from the large storage box as we cannot accept those boxes - and hang it up to air it out. Look at your dress closely.
- Check the type of material - If the dress is made from a stretchy or jersey material or a lighter-weight/see-through polyester material, we most likely will not be able to use it. Many dresses from the 1970's are not usable because once the lace overlay is lifted up, the satin sheath is see-through and does not give enough quality material for making angel gowns.
- Check if it is clean - if your dress is discolored/stained and did not come clean in the wash, we may not be able to use it. If it has dry rot, mold or mildew, we definitely cannot use that for the precious babies who will wear the angel gowns.
- Check for odors - if your dress retains a strong odor such as from smoke, mothballs, pets or perfume, we will be unable to use it. In some cases, we may be able to salvage the lace and embellishments even if we cannot use the material. However, if we are unable to use a dress, we reserve the right to re-donate it or dispose of it.
- Understand that we cannot return a dress or any part of it to you once we have received it. We are unable to make hankies or keepsakes for you and we do not return angel gowns to dress donors. So, if you wish to keep a portion of your wedding dress for keepsakes, please do so. Just cut off the portion you’d like to keep, and we will work with the remaining fabric.
- Remove the netting/ crinoline from the underside of the dress and discard it. You can simply cut it off with scissors and it does not have to be neat or perfect cuts.
- Please let the dress hang up for a few days to air out.
- If your dress meets our criteria and you are ready to donate it, please remove all tissue paper, hangers or other packaging
- If mailing, fold/roll your dress up to fit into as small of a box as possible. It is ok to send via ground mail or UPS or FedEx.
- If dropping off, please put your dress into a plastic bag. There is a large drop box outside our front door so you can drop off when it is convenient for you. This is a residential address.
59 Wychunas Ave
Buzzards Bay Ma 02532
Do you only accept white wedding gowns?
No, we accept all gowns, of any color.
Where do I drop off my dress?
Dress MUST be clean prior to donating. Dresses can be mailed or drop-off at
59 Wychunas Ave
Buzzards Bay Ma 02532
What other items do you need?
Still accepting all items!! We also need blankets around 12x12 to 24x24 crocheted, knitted or sewn crocheted or knitted hats under newborn sizes, crocheted hearts. scissors, basic sewing supplies, white thread, craft store gift cards, Flannel material, mason jars, Zip top bags, Yarn, Monetary donations are always needed
Our Wishlist ~ https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/36RCCSEKEZVGW?ref_=wl_share
Can I receive photos of my dresses made into Angel Gowns?
It is a complex process with many volunteers, we can’t guarantee photos of each dress. Due to covid we are not with each volunteer. Often times several wedding gowns are used together to create a one-of-a-kind gowns. We do try to take photos as many photos as we can and post them to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/angelbabies1217
May I request where the Angel Gowns get donated?
At this time, we donate to local hospitals that request Angel Gown kits. however, we cannot guarantee placement of specific of Gowns.
How long does it take to make Angel Gowns from my dress?
It could take up to several months to make Angel Gowns and all dresses are used to the very ability to Angel Babies.
I am a local Family needing a gown, how can I request one? Please email Alisha at email@example.com
How do I become a volunteer to sew gowns?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or join the volunteer group https://www.facebook.com/groups/706145673558875
Is the donation of a wedding gown or bridesmaid gown a charitable donation? Angel Babies is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and donations made to us are tax deductible. We cannot value your donation, but we can send you a tax acknowledgement letter via mail once we have received your donated wedding gown or bridesmaid gown if requested by including a self-addressed envelope, please allow 6-8 weeks to receive your letter.
I’m interested in collecting weddings or holding a wedding gown drive for the Angel Babies?
Due to the overwhelming interest in donating, we are no longer able to have individuals or groups collecting gowns or holding wedding gown drives for Angel Babies. All wedding gown donations must go through drop off donation process for purposes of inventory control and reasons related to our 501(c)3 status. We are unable to accept gowns collected in any manner outside of our drop off Angel Babies.